Custom Mapping: Creating a Custom Sourcedef file2019-08-15 16:37:24
Custom Mapping UnitySync
A custom Sourcedef file allows you to change certain aspects of how the sync will query the source LDAP directory for this connection. Sourcedef files are directory type specific; i.e., an Active Directory (AD) Sourcedef is not interchangeable with a Notes Sourcedef.
Modifications to the Sourcedef should be done carefully as a misconfigured Sourcedef may break your connection. It is recommended you contact Technical Support for assistance.
The most common use for a Custom Sourcedef file is to customize the
attribs= parameter to add custom/expanded attributes.
attribs= defines all attributes that will be pulled from the Source directory for this connection.
Creating a Custom Sourcedef File
- From the UnitySync Sync Manager User Interface (UI), select your connection, then click the Custom Map tab.
- Enter a name in the Sourcedef parameter, then click Create.
- The Sourcedef with default mappings will pop up. Make the necessary changes to the Sourcedef file. Contact email@example.com if you need assistance.
- Click Save to save your map file changes.
- Click Save again at the bottom of the Custom tab to select this custom sourcedef for this connection.
IMPORTANT NOTE: *Do not select an existing custom Sourcedef file from the drop down prior to clicking the Sourcedef button unless you are SURE you want to edit the existing custom map file.