UnitySync Server System Requirements2019-08-16 12:43:54
System Requirements UnitySync
See below for complete UnitySync System Requirements (as of v3.0).
- 2003 (64 bit) or better
- 64 bit Operating System
- libc 2.24 or greater (Debian 9, for example)
UnitySync must either be installed on a web server (i.e. IIS, Apache) or used with the included dirweb web server utility
You will access the UnitySync user interface via web browser - please use Internet Explorer 10, Firefox 6 or Chrome 6 or newer.
General System Requirements:
- Hard Disk Space
IMPORTANT NOTE: Drive space utilization varies depending on the number of objects synced and what level logging is regularly used. Default Log File setting is 2-Lowest and this is the level we recommend for regular use. Consistently logging at higher Log File levels will require more disk space. Low disk space can cause serious issues. Use log file management to purge log files regularly and make sure that you are on v2.6 or greater to prevent a potential issue with mass deletions.
- Minimum: Minimum recommended OS memory recommendation
- Recommended: Minimum practical OS memory recommendation
- Minimum: 2Ghz Processor
- Minimum: Dual or Quad processors
The larger the sync environment, the more spokes, the more objects syncing - all of these things can affect performance. We recommend increasing the number of processors as these parameters increase. Alternatively, multiple installs of UnitySync can be used to spread the load.
- TCP/IP Connection
- Access thorugh firewalls to ldap ports (389, 3268, ssl 636 3269)
- Optionally, VPN may be used
- The UnitySync server must be configured with a DNS server and a DNS Host entry created.
- SMTP server (optional)
LDAP User Account/Password
- A User account (with both read/write permissions) for each DC being synced.
- Ideally, a Domain Admin will be used. However, non admin and/or read only permissions may be used in a decentralized environment.
Note: Your results may vary! They are often dependent on unique factors in your environment; the size of the data, communications speeds and other variables outside of the scope of testing. Contact our Technical Support Team if you have any questions regarding your installation and use of UnitySync.