Setting showInAddressBook for synced objects2017-06-05 16:07:01
Active Directory Custom Mapping Troubleshooting UnitySync
You can set showInAddressBook for each synced object using a custom mapping .
You will need the DN of the addressBook(s). For multiple addressBooks, insert multiple showInAddressBook mapping lines.
If your Destination tab login is Domain Admin, you may use the address variables to set showinaddressbook . Domain Admin is required for this option to read the addressBook roots. UnitySync includes these mappings by default. These mappings allow your sync to automatically stamp values for All Contacts and Default Global Address List addressBooks.
If all you need is the default lists noted above, test your sync and you should find your newly created contacts appear in the addressBooks as desired.
If your Destination tab login does not use a Domain Admin, or your first test sync indicates the detected addressBooks are not valid or desired, you may hard code the showInAddressBook using custom mappings.
To do this, you will need to know your local CN and DC tree. The below example uses
DC=dir,DC=domain,DC=com. If you don’t know these values, open ADSI Edit and drill down under the Configurations tree to identify the values.
Note: If the Configurations tree is not visible, you can turn on the connection to show it
Custom mappings may also be used to stamp additional showInAddressBook values.
- Create a custom map file.
- Locate the default mappings noted above. If you are using a pre UnitySync version, the defaults may not be there.
- The following is an example of a custom mapping that manually sets two (2) addressbook settings. Each showInAddressbook line should appear in the map file as all one line , no carriage returns.
showInAddressBook=CN=All Contacts,CN=All Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=DirWiz,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,
showInAddressBook=CN=Default Global Address List,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container, CN=DirWiz,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=dir,DC=Domain,DC=com
- You may add as many showInAddressBook values as you need. Each mapping must indicate a valid addressBook.
- If your connection is configured to use List Processing to sync Groups as groups (Destination tab) then you also need to create a custom LIST map (custom map tab) and add the same custom showInAddressBook mappings.