Custom Mapping: Creating a Custom Object Map fileCreated: 2012-04-20 08:09:59
Modified: 2022-09-10 09:07:01
Tags: Custom Mapping UnitySync
A Custom Object Map file allows you to change any aspect of how the sync creates new objects on the Destination directory for this connection. Object Map Files are directory type specific. The Source and Destination directory type of the connection must be appropriate for a specifically configured Object Map file. For instance, an AD-to-AD map file may not be used in an Notes-to-AD connection.
The most common use for a Custom Object Map is to customize how attributes are mapped between systems. For more help on Custom mapping syntax, refer to the Administrator’s Guide.
Creating a Custom Map File in UnitySync
- From the UnitySync Manager User Interface (UI), select your connection, then click the Custom tab.
- Click the Object Map button.
- Enter a name in the Object Map parameter, then click Create.
- The map file with default mappings will pop up. Make your desired changes to the map file.
- Click Save to save your map file changes.
- Click Save again at the bottom of the Custom tab to save your selection of the custom map for this connection.