Destination msexchmasteraccountsid blank or will not sync properly2017-04-28 16:22:20
Active Directory Custom Mapping Troubleshooting UnitySync
The default sourcedef file for an ActiveDir to ActiveDir configured connection includes both objectsid and objectsid;binary. This works fine with a Windows 2008 (or earlier) Source directory. However, once upgraded to Windows 2012 or higher, the Discovery, as configured, will only pull objectsid and it is objectsid;binary that is needed.
The result is the next sync will blank out the Destination contact’s msexchmasteraccountsid. To resolve this, you need to create a custom sourcedef.
- Look for the line that starts attribs=, and scroll all the way over to find objectsid in the list. You should see both objectsid and objectsid;binary. Remove objectsid, but leave objectsid;binary.
- Click Save to preserve your custom sourcedef.
- Click Save on the tab to confirm selection of the custom sourcedef.
- Run a new Discovery and a Simulation at Log File level 3-Detailed.
- The Dest Entry should now show msexchmasteraccountsid.
- If so, run Sync and msexchmasteraccountsid should be repopulated on the destination.
If you run into trouble or have any questions, please contact email@example.com.