Importing directly from a CSV data file2017-05-12 09:20:29
CSV Data File Requirements:
- The Source CSV data file must be located in the connection directory and be named import.txt (i.e., c:\UnitySync\connections\YourConnectionName\import.txt).
- Your Source CSV data file must include an unique ID for each record (i.e., EmployeeID or similar).
- Your Source CSV data file must include a column containing an SMTP email address for each record. In the absence of another unique ID field, the email address field may be used as the unique ID.
Process to set up connection using a CSV data file Source
- Click Connection > New and provide a connection name.
- Set the Source Map Template and Sync Engine to “CSV”
- Set the Destination Map Template and Sync Engine as appropriate for your destination directory.
- Copy your CSV data file to the connection directory as import.txt
- Go to the Source tab and verify the Sample Data appears correctly. All columns should be displayed and four rows of data. If the sample data does not appear correct, modify the CSV parsing parameters appropriately.
- Identify each column specified by the Field Definition parameters (note, if a source column name has a space in it, you will see it is replaced with an underscore in the Sample Data. You must use an underscore in place of a space when specifying the Field Definition parameters.
- Go to the Destination tab and identify the destination server as usual.
- Complete other tabs as usual.
- Create a Custom Map file to define appropriate mapping from your CSV columns to destination attributes.
NOTE: Use dashes in place of spaces when identifying source columns in the map file. For example, a column header of First Name should be identified as First-Name.
Please refer to the Administrator’s Guide for more information on creating a connection using a source CSV data file and customizing attribute mapping.