Using Discovery and Simulation to test changes2018-04-17 07:33:17
Features Troubleshooting UnitySync
After making changes to an existing connection (or even on a brand new connection), It is recommended you first run the connection as Discovery and Simulation (not Sync).
Particularly, configuration changes on the source tab (like object types or filters) may affect the objects discovered which in turn will affect which objects are synced. Before running a real Sync, you’ll want to review the Simulation and verify the actions are as expected.
- On the Source tab, check"Hidden".
- On the General tab, enable Discovery only and set logging level to 3.
- Click Save.
- Run Discovery.
- Review the Discovery log to verify all expected objects are pulled.
- On the General tab, enable Simulation only and set logging level to 2.
- Run SIMULATION.
- Review the Sim log to ensure the actions taken are expected. Be on the lookout for an unexpected number of actions, particularly Adds or Deletes.
- If satisfied with the results of Discovery and Simulation, re enable and run Sync. Then verify the Sync results.