Importing from a Source Database via ODBC Data Source2017-05-12 09:51:44
CSV ODBC UnitySync
Requirements for using a database as a UnitySync Source:
- The appropriate ODBC driver for your database type must be installed on the UnitySync server.
- The database file must be located on the UnitySync server (or be accessible via a shared drive).
- Your database file must include an unique ID for each record.
Process to set up connection using a database file Source
- Create an ODBC data source for this database source (one time set up, see instructions below).
- Using the Connection Wizard, create a UnitySync connection.
- On the connection creation menu, select a Source Engine and Map Template of ODBC. Configure the connections Source tab to identify the ODBC Data Source.
- Create a Custom Map file to define appropriate mapping from the source database attributes to the destination attributes.
The ODBC Source tab configuration article, as well as the Administrators Guide offer general information on creating a connection using an ODBC source, configuring the ODBC tab of your new connection, and configuring a Custom Map File for use with your ODBC source.
How to create an ODBC Data Source that points to your database file:
- Create a directory on your UnitySync server (or a mapped drive) which will contain your ODBC input file(s). Recommend c:\UnitySync\odbc.
- Put your database input file in the directory. (i.e. c:\UnitySync\odbc\HRUsers.db2)
- Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator… From Administrator Tools, select “Data Sources (ODBC)”
- Click the System DSN tab, then click Add.
- Scroll down and select Microsoft Text Driver (.txt, .csv) then click Finish.
- Enter a name for this new Data Source (i.e. UnitySyncInput, or name the data source after the input file i.e. HRUsers)
- Exact configuration steps after this depend on the database type. Generally you can follow the prompts that allow you to identify the source database.