Mimic ***Coming Soon***The LDAP server replication product you never knew you needed.
Mimic has the ability to provide an exact copy of a source directory tree to a destination tree. Using it's unique delta technology, Mimic only reads the changes from the source (rather than the full directory) for lightning fast replication times.
- Easy setup for test platforms by copying live data.
- Distribution of large directories to remote offices.
- Directory Migration. Mimic is directory agnostic, the destination directory does not need be the same product as the source. (So long as the directory tree & schema are the same)
Features & Requirements
- Most important: the tree structure needs to be exactly the same (down to the root).
- The schemas of the directories (as far as the attributes copied) need to match.
- The software does not manipulate attribute data nor does it translate dn structures.
- You can specify which part of the tree to start the replication. You can also specify a global list of which attributes you want copied.
- Will work with any LDAP based directory server that supports a last modified timestamp attribute per object.
- Mimics can find manually added & deleted objects on the destination and correct them.
- A tracking attribute on each destination is required to store timestamps.
- No data (except the config) is stored locally. A temporary datafile is created on each run.
- Easy firewall traversal for replication using only the standard LDAP Ports (389/636)
- Windows (64 bit)
- Linux (64 bit)
|Share this article:|