Directify Upgrade Instructions: from Directify v6 or newer2021-12-06 09:45:53
Each Directify installation is licensed to run on a specific server identified by serial number found on the About tab on the Directify Configuration View (config.cgi).
Licensing rules apply when upgrading Directify. The serial number is unique for every install, so you’ll need a new license key. To obtain one, contact email@example.com with the original licensed serial number (prior to upgrade) and the new serial number as it appears on the About tab on the Directify Configuration View (config.cgi).
To get started with your upgrade:
- Back up your current installation by zipping the entire install directory.
- Download the latest software here: dirwiz.us/download
- Execute the Directify install program and follow prompts for installation.
- The default installation directory is c:\directify-v# (where # refers to the current version number)
- You may install to any directory name provided the underlying directory structure names remain as installed.
- Please DO NOT install directly over any previous version of Profiler or Directify. A fresh installation is required.
Prior to opening your new Directify installation, copy the following files from your previous installation and paste them into the same location in the new installation:
\Directify\Data\*.txt (excluding key.txt as you will need a new key)
You will need:
- a new license key. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include your Serial numbers (both old and new) as well as the hostname used for your previous installation. We don’t need a hostname for this new version. *to update your Web Server Configuration. You will need to configure a new virtual directory. Refresh your memory by reviewing our Web Server Configuration white paper. You will need to change the location of the virtual directory.