Test emPass after initial installation2018-11-21 15:29:02
emPass Features Troubleshooting
To test your password synchronization, perform the following test using Directory Wizards provided tool dirlog.exe. You can repeat this test on any Agent against your single Central Server.
You can also view this information via your own syslog if you have configured emPass that way.
- Open a terminal window on the Agent and on the Central Server
- On the emPass Central Server, CD to \empass-v2.0\bin
(This opens the dirlog window to watch activity as it occurs on each DC). Leave this window open.)
- On the server where you have an Agent installed, CD to \empass-Agent-AD-v2.0
(This opens the dirlog window to watch activity as it occurs on each DC. Leave this window open.)
- On the Agent, expect to see periodic heartbeats logged.
- On the Agent and Central Server dirlog/syslog windows you will see a status message when a password change is processed.
- On the Central Server, you may also see a message indicating receipt of a password change from an unregistered Agent.
If you receive any errors, this indicates you missed a step in the configuration of either the Agent or Central Server. Contact Support@dirwiz.com for more help.